Download a PDF copy of this letter here.
I am preaching through the book of Acts at the church I pastor, Orwell Bible Church. Chapter 16 relates several encouraging and noteworthy events we must learn from as we labor for the cause of Christ. Remember that these events follow chapter 15, where the true gospel was defended against a false gospel insisting that works of the law were a necessary condition for salvation. Faithful gospel ministry defends the faith (chapter 15) and declares the faith (chapter 16). That is what “the church of the living God” is to do as “the pillar and ground of the truth” (1 Tim 3:15).
In Acts 16 Paul and his band strengthened churches by teaching the Christian truth of biblical holiness (16:4–5). They preached the gospel to the lost and saw souls saved, baptized, and formed into new churches. They experienced slander and persecution from greedy idolatrous citizens and a mob-controlled government. When you faithfully minister Christ’s truth there will be opposition, but there will be fruit! Dear friend, labor for Christ by declaring and defending the true gospel of Jesus Christ!
Here’s a brief summary of my activities since early May—
- I attended the Conference on the Church for God’s Glory, Rockford, IL, May 24, making good contacts and enjoying good fellowship with many like-minded brethren.
- I preached during the evening service at Grace Bible Church in Avella, PA on June 6 for their ACCC Sunday. Executive committee member Pastor Stephen Spence faithfully labors here. This is a wonderful group of saints laboring for Christ in southwest Pennsylvania.
- I preached two times at the annual meeting of the Independent Baptist Fellowship of North America in Attleboro, MA, June 22–24. This conference was their 30th as a fellowship, with the theme “Great is Thy Faithfulness.” It was a privilege to preach from Lamentations 3:22–24 on the “Unfailing Mercies from an Unfailing God,” and then give a presentation on current religious events.
- July 22–23 I flew out to Colorado Springs, CO for the naming of the Briargate Post Office in memory of Chaplain (Capt.) Dale Goetz. Chaplain Goetz was an ACCC endorsed chaplain who was killed in action in Afghanistan in 2010. It was a privilege to represent the ACCC for this event. A news article covering this with pictures of Chaplain Goetz’s wife and sons is available here.
- I mailed out copies of the ACCC’s 2019 resolution on “Religious Freedom and ‘The Equality Act’” and a prayer card for our upcoming convention.
- The following week I traveled down to Kingsport, TN for the annual conference of the Evangelical Methodist Church, July 27–29. I am thankful for the opportunity to fellowship with these dear brothers and sisters in the Lord.
- Attend and speak at the September 14 meeting of the Appalachian Independent Ministers’ Fellowship, Whitesburg, KY
- Fall Bible conference speaker at Hope Evangelical Methodist Church, Pastor Bill Lueke, Youngstown, PA, Sept 26–29
- ACCC annual convention, Oct 19–21, Hardingville Bible Church, Monroeville, NJ
If you haven’t done so already, be sure to sign up for email updates on the Council’s website! Whenever new items are posted you’ll receive an email. This is the best way to stay informed of Council events, especially our upcoming convention! The theme for this year’s convention is “Jesus Christ, the same yesterday, today, and forever.” Here are the general sessions:
- “Jesus Christ, the Same Yesterday”
- “I will be with you always”
- Divisions Because of Christ
- Christ’s Peace, not World Peace
- “Jesus Christ, the Same Today”
- “Surely I come quickly”
- “I am come that they might have life”
- “In the world ye shall have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world”
- “Jesus Christ, the Same Tomorrow”
Here are the workshops:
- Alcohol, Marijuana, and Other “Recreational” Drugs
- Critical Theory, Intersectionality, and Cancel Culture
- Dietrich Bonhoeffer
- Joining Hands with Charismatics, Mainline Denominations, and Catholics in Ministry Efforts
- Practical Pastoral Pointers for Biblical Militancy
- Preachers and Preaching
- Progressive Christianity
- The Advance of Atheism, Paganism, and the “Nones”
- The History of the ACCC
- The Pornography Epidemic—Why it’s Happening, and What To Do
- The Social Gospel
- What is Culture, and How Should Churches Respond to it?
Information regarding the final list of speakers, schedule, and housing will be posted soon. We have prayer cards for the convention available; drop me a line if you’d like some for your church!
Thank you for faithfully praying and supporting the work of the ACCC!
Your fellow servant in the Cause of Christ,